Switch2 is the UK’s most experienced and capable provider of end-to-end solutions for heat networks. They make a success of heat networks owned by local authorities, housing associations and private developers. They help to optimise energy efficiency, manage renewable energy, and focus on well-performing schemes, whilst minimising costs to the resident.
Switch2 had a number of on-premise systems that had become difficult to maintain. They wanted to become even more responsive to their customer and clients' needs. Their challenge was multifaceted;
- How to quickly deliver new products and services to market
- How to improve the customers' and clients' digital experience
- How to increase operational efficiency
- D55 worked with Switch2 to scope out a strategy for their systems and internal team as part of a wider digital transformation of the business. Identifying what was core Switch2 IPR and what was best served by 3rd party applications
- We provided system architecture consultancy for rearchitecting some of their current systems
- We assisted in helping the internal team upskill so they could fully utilise their existing knowledge of the business to build new applications in the AWS cloud.
- We supported them in vendor selection and the integration of 3rd party applications into their overall solution
- We provided additional development resources to the project
Switch2 are making excellent progress in their digital transformation utilising a mix of existing, internal and 3rd party applications. They have already delivered new services to market opening up new business opportunities. Their digital transformation is not yet complete but they are now well-placed to meet their stated outcomes.