What is Microsoft Workload Modernisation in AWS?
Migrating Microsoft-based applications to Amazon Web Services (AWS) native and purpose-built services enables you to capture the efficiency and productivity benefits of cloud-native architecture while reducing total cost of ownership challenges that are evident when supporting and purchasing license-based operating systems and databases. AWS supports the entire spectrum of Microsoft modernisation initiatives. Whether you are running Windows, Active Directory, .NET, or SQL Server workloads on-premises or in the cloud, AWS provides programs, tools, and services to meet you where you are and accelerate your modernisation journey.
How Can Modernisation Help?
Innovation and Agility
- Is your competition innovating and growing faster than you?
- Are your release cycles taking weeks?
- Is it difficult to expand into other markets?
- Are you not as agile as you should be?
- Are performance and scalability limited?
- Is it hard to meet seasonal demands?
Increase in frequency of deploying new features
Reduction in time to resolve security incidents
Compliance and Security
- Do your legacy apps not achieve compliance and/or security requirements?
- Have you identified security vulnerabilities or worry that you might?
- Are Windows and SQL Server licenses costly and too difficult to manage?
- Are you locked-in to punitive licensing terms?
- Is there a high overhead for managing your own data centre (security, admin, building management, etc)?
Increase in compute utilisation
Reduction in IT infrastructure spend